Friday, July 11, 2008

I need to take more pictures because the ones in my head are not going to fit on this silly blog. Well, I finally am updating my blog. I am the worst at... well you get the idea, I'm not a regular blogger. Anyway, a lot has happened since I've last blogged so I'll try to fill you in the best I can. Garrek gradutated, hurray! He is now officially a Dr. of Pharmacy; that didn't change much except he finally get checks that we don't have to pay back, and he is the most awesome man I can even try to fathom. He worked so hard to get where he is, 4 kids and a needy wife don't make it easy to go to graduate school, but he took the challenge and ran with it; he definately won the 1st prize in that race. Speaking of races, he ran his annual marathon already this year, and he won 2nd place in his age division (Utah Valley Marathon), way to go my Superman Honey! I ran the SLC 1/2 and made my goal, but I don't think I'll ever come close to winning anything except personal gratification. My kids are growing like weeds, the pretty ones though, the kind you don't want to pull because they look better than the flowers you planted around them. I am so grateful to be a mom, I just love it so much. As I was running last night I was thinking of many things as usual, but in particular I was thinking at how my mind didn't seem to be aging like the rest of my body; I think that is how it is always going to be. I still enjoy everything I ever did when I was a kid, probably more, but I hate how people look at you when you want to do the things society thinks are immature. I discovered kids are the buffer though, if you're a parent it is okay to play with them. It's okay to play on the playgrounds, run around in circles just because it feels good, wear cosutmes to completely change your identity, dance around your house like you were a professional, sing songs while you shop, and everything else that makes a smile come to mind. Okay, so maybe I use my children as my scapegoat for my behavior, but why not? Kids are the greatest blessing anyone could ever hope for. Well, I was going to end my post but I forgot this was supposed to be an update. So a quick summary: we bought a house in Herriman, some would say a small farm because we have 13 chickens, 3 turkeys, 5 rabbits, and a goat named Yoda. He's the only one we named because every other animal has the job of being food in the near future. We are finally living our dream of becoming self reliant, and it's so cool! I can make homemade yogurt overnight without a yogurt maker, fresh bread from the wheat I grind, our garden is coming along, but because of our move we had a late start. I'll try to post a few pictures of our place soon, but I'm not making any promises.

No comments: