Yes, it has been half a year since I’ve updated, but I’ve been busy; this family life stuff really takes up a lot of free time. So much has happened…oh where to start…Well, I’ll just do what I can, and hope I get a few things of interest posted. To start off, we had an awesome trip to MOAB…yes, our annual tradition happened in May. WE HAD A BLAST! This year we rented an RV to help with our family fun, and fun it was. We decided not to camp because the weather was so rainy, and I just wasn’t in the spirit of taking the tent (yes, I wimped out). We’ve tent camped more than I can count, we needed a new adventure full of crazy RV moments. We now have memories that include using a toilet in a bouncing, swaying, not so easy to do, closet; a brief night of the throw-ups for no reason we could think of, and a peeped on bunk that no one needs to know about (I wanted our cleaning deposit back). Aside from those short set backs, the rest of the trip was as perfect as a family could hope for. We went to the usual Powerhouse Dam; and what’s a visit there without the usual someone falling in. This year it was Kurt. He has no idea how it happened, he was being so careful, just like I told him to be.
We also did the walk downtown and let everyone pick their yearly Moab t-shirt. We had lots of picnics (much easier in an RV), played tons in the sand, and visited Arches (I love that park). Here are a few more picks of the trip.
Garrek ran the Salt Lake City Marathon in April, and both he and I ran the Utah Valley Marathon 2 Saturdays ago, in the pouring rain. It was so fun to run a race with him, it technically was the second race we ran together. When I ran the Riverton 1/2 marathon a couple of months ago, he signed up the night before so he could pace me to finish at my goal pace, what a guy;) Now we just need to decide if we are going to run the Deseret News Marathon on Pioneer Day. I don’t know how many more I can train for, it’s quite time consuming. I’ve been lucky to find a great friend and running partner who helps me get the runs in before the sun comes up…thanks DG! She also ran the UVM and qualified for Boston, for the 4th time!
We finally got a trampoline, after 2 years of promises, and the kids have almost already got our money’s worth out of it. It is such a great energy release for the older ones, and a perfect baby pen for Talia. We’ve had lots of fun jumping with and without sprinklers, laying on it looking at cloud shapes, and everything in between. The only thing left, that I can think of, is sleeping out…maybe this weekend.
1 comment:
That Powerhouse Dam looks like a fun place to play. I'd never heard of it before, so we'll have to check it out next time we're down there. That family picture is beautiful! Looks like a fun vacation. We are having a campout in our backyard in this next week or two, and Cameron wanted me to make sure you guys know you're invited. More details to come. . .
Post a Comment